BMG – Financial Manager, Recordings Hub (UK)
We are hiring!
We have an exciting opportunity for a CFO to join our finance (registrations) team here in our London office!
Your mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for UK-based revenue and cost reporting and control, covering the distribution and licensing activity of BMG’s Worldwide Hub Recordings. You will be very organized and accustomed to both processing detailed general ledger reservations and producing summary financial report comments.
BMG has established a global distribution agreement operated from the UK-based Recordings Hub. The volume of information flowing through the Hub has increased significantly with a number of other centralized functions now also operating from the UK.
As the recordings business activity grows, it increasingly requires the business support of its core Hub Recordings department to ensure that business decisions are appropriately supported and controlled, with an appropriate flow of information delivered in a timely manner throughout the enterprise.
- Support frontline and catalog business by providing insight into global revenue and costs flowing through the UK based Recordings Hub function.
- Creation and distribution of business-to-business matrices for a collection of income sources.
- Perform and distribute intercompany matrix reloads for associated cost sources.
- Prepare and make detailed log bookings for hub matrices in SAP.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts relating to hub matrices.
- Provide summary reports and comments based on monthly matrix outputs.
- Respond to accounting and reporting queries from the local records team and other international affiliates
- Liaise with Revenue Assurance Manager to support further analysis and investigation
- Supports the growing volume of data flowing through the Hub.
- Experience in modeling financial reports and spreadsheets.
- Previous work experience in the music industry.
- Ability to work with people in all areas of the business.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ability to process large volumes of data.
- ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
- Educated university degree.
- Experience working in recorded music
- SAP experience
- Audit experience can also be an advantage.
- Knowledge of database structures and handling
- Office table
Now what’s in it for you?
- 25 days of annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Subsidized gym membership
- Private health insurance
- Competitive pension plan
- Annual concert allowance
- Artists’ showcases
- Cycle to work
- Subscription loan
- Access to our employee assistance program
- Headspace subscription
- Donate program as you earn
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable (currently virtual!) Office environment
- Flexible work opportunities
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the fourth largest music publisher in the world and the first new global player in the recording industry for decades. BMG’s business case is unique – a constant emphasis on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices in 12 major music markets now represent more than 3 million songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters drawn to its new approach which now includes music production, films and books as well as musical publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by the international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include broadcaster RTL Group, trade book publisher Penguin Random House and magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multiplatform perspective, integrated technology platform, and commitment to helping artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best music company to do business with.
At BMG, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, change of sex, marital status or civil partner, pregnancy or motherhood, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We want all applicants to realize their full potential throughout the recruitment process. TIn order to ensure that you are able to exploit your full potential, we are easily able to offer reasonable adjustments. If you need assistance with your application or would like to benefit from reasonable adjustments during the recruitment processes, please do not hesitate to contact us at [emailÂ protected].
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, remote work, flexible start and end times or compressed hours. We may not always be able to answer all requests, but we promise not to judge you for asking.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately, which is why we are proud to be a London Living Wage accredited employer.