Chief Financial Officer (Mining Company) – BusinessGhana
A reputable mining company with operations in many countries is looking for a CFO for a project for its new project in the Bolgatanga enclave in northern Ghana.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the CFO provides strong leadership and direction to his / her
team to safely execute all operational and financial business plans during the execution phase of the project.
This position will be site-based, but during the project phase it is expected that a lot of time
can be spent in Accra and at the Bolgatanga office.
The key safety performance indicators are as follows: The Total Recordable Injury Frequency Rate (TIRRR) is less than
2.5; The lost time accident frequency rate (LTIFR) is less than 0.5; The number of work-related deaths is zero.
Manage the finance department by leading the effective management of the organization’s assets and liabilities, contribute to the profitability and sustainability of the organization, maintain and improve organizational development and growth, manage and evaluate financial performance, develop and maintain relations with stakeholders, ensure legal and corporate governance.
Job duties / responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the finance team to ensure the development of a work environment conducive to the achievement of budgeted departmental key performance indicators and that employees realize their full potential by acquiring new skills through the implementation effective mentoring and training programs.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of systems to provide management with accurate and timely financial and operational records, information and advice to optimize cost and revenue management.
- Lead the annual development of the operating budget and capital budget, including labor, to ensure compliance with established company metrics and timelines and provide line managers with monthly reports on their respective cost performance (actual vs. budget) throughout the calendar year.
- Manage the payroll function for the workforce to ensure accurate and timely payroll.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures to ensure that the costs of all departments are minimized and that all adverse variations are reported, tracked and corrected.
- Continuously review all aspects of all departments to ensure that opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Develop, install and audit policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legal requirements and accounting standards and documents, taxation, asset protection and internal controls.