Chief Financial Officer | Seven day jobs
The Milton Family Community Center is looking for a CFO to provide complete and accurate financial accounting for all MFCC programs. Our center strengthens families through parent education, community networking, home visits, high quality child care, and hands-on supports through our Food Shelving and Help program. financial.
We hope to find someone knowledgeable in financial management with experience in reporting and tracking state and federal grants, and a desire to serve the community. Those who are most successful in our center like to laugh and have a positive and active attitude.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or commerce, plus 4 years of bookkeeping experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office
- Completion of daycare orientation training (on hire)
- Ensure that MFCC’s financial management practices are sound and comply with all relevant local, state and federal guidelines
- Monthly reconciliation of bank statements
- Prepare financial reports for the board of directors and the general manager
- Assist the general manager in the preparation of the annual budget
- Work with the Executive Director and Account Manager to prepare for internal and external audits, including those required by the State of Vermont or other funders, as required by the grant contract.
- Serve as the primary contact for bank and financial accounts and as the senior benefits manager for the MFCC employee health insurance policy
- Review, evaluate and make annual recommendations on the MFCC employee benefit program and the centre’s commercial and liability insurance policies to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Maintain successful business relationships, including communication with customers, suppliers and other business partners, through the use of proactive and timely response to inquiries, provision of services and / or resolution of issues .
- Weekly review of the work performed by the MFCC Account Manager to ensure that all accounts, payments, invoice statements and Quick Books entries are accurate and in accordance with full accounting of MFCC general finance, management budget and grant / contract obligations.
- Complete and accurate maintenance of finance and payroll office files and all payroll related accounts (payroll, taxes, flexible accounts, insurance and other payroll deductions).
- Maintain registrations and information on all MFCC insurance policies (health, civil liability, disability, etc.)
- Ensure the confidentiality and confidentiality of all financial and personal information of the MFCC.
Remuneration according to training and experience. The MFCC is a family-friendly workplace with generous paid time off (pro-rated for part-time employees). We offer 60% of the cost of health insurance for employees. The MFCC is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job, login / register on this website and click on the “APPLY FOR A JOB” button on this job posting.
Please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae and three (3) references that we can contact.