Finance Director job with EDINBURGH NAPIER UNIVERSITY
Permanent contract with Construction Scotland Innovation Center (CSIC).
We are a flexible employer.
An opportunity arose for a finance manager to join our operations team on a permanent contract.
Headquartered in our innovation facility in Hamilton, our finance function provides efficient, proactive and client-focused service to the CSIC management team, program and support teams and works in conjunction with our host Edinburgh Napier University .
Contribute to the development of the financial accounting and management functions of CSIC and provide advice and technical support on budgetary, accounting and financial matters of the project.
In addition to preparing accurate and timely financial and management reports, the role owner is responsible for:
- Improve the impact and understanding of financial information on business performance
- Provide analytics and insights that connects financial reporting to business strategies
- Support and influence key operational and strategic financial decisions
- Improve procurement, sales and accounts payable processes
It is essential that the position builds partnerships and maintains strong relationships with thematic program managers, support managers and the senior management team.
You should be able to apply your analytical skills beyond traditional finance functions and put them to work on a wide range of organizational issues. These questions must then be effectively implemented for leadership teams and therefore the ability to listen, interpret, influence, negotiate, inspire and challenge is vital to the role.
You will need to provide excellent project management skills as well as creative thinking.
What are we looking for?
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Degree training with a degree in finance / accounting
Partially qualified accountant or can demonstrate significant accounting experience and expertise
- Excellent experience in creating and preparing management accounts, budget and project management processes
- Experience with procurement frameworks, contracts and thresholds
- Experience in financial modeling, valuation and analysis
- High level of computer literacy including MS Word, Advanced MSExcel and the use of database applications, network based email
- Working knowledge of UK accounting standards and costing techniques
- Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience in delivering the highest standards of performance and customer service
To view the full job description, click here.
Benefits we offer
Salary: 5th year, Â£ 33,309 – Â£ 39,739
You can find more information about our advantages here.
Start date: to be confirmed
Application deadline: January 9, 2022
Interview date: week of January 24, 2022
Edinburgh Napier is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels proud, confident, challenged and supported and holds Disability Confid, Carer Positive and Stonewall Diversity Champion status. For more information, click here.