Financial Manager | paper birds
The Paper Birds Theater Company is looking for a CFO to join its team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to the company’s growth over the past few years and their recent organizational development activity, they recognized the need for a CFO to join their team.
They are looking for a dynamic individual who has experience with small businesses and/or charities, an interest in the arts, and relevant financial knowledge. The ideal candidate is someone who is a team player, has the ability to look at the macro and micro image simultaneously and is eager to make a difference.
The role will support the Executive Producer to ensure the proper management of The Paper Birds finances. Together with the executive producer, they will be responsible for financial reporting to the trustees and ensuring that The Paper Birds’ obligations to funders, Companies House and the Charity Commission are met.
Initially the role is 2-3 days per month on a freelance basis until the end of March 2023. The company’s ambition is that from April 2023 the role will grow and that they will work with the CFO this fiscal year. to make this possible.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting and/or financial management.
• Be fully or partially qualified ACCA/CIMA or similar.
• Have experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software.
• Have a proven ability to implement and monitor effective and efficient financial controls.
• Have a thorough knowledge of financial accounting and reconciliations, financial systems and process development.
• Have the ability to prepare and present accurate and timely financial statements.
• Have the ability to investigate a problem beyond routine questions.
• Have experience in the charitable sector and charitable finance.
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Have excellent attention to detail, be efficient and methodical.
• Be a good team player and have a spirit of collaboration.
The role is to work remotely, with regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings with the core team on mutually agreeable dates.
Fees are between £150 and £200 per day, depending on experience.
Application deadline: Wednesday, July 20, 12 p.m.
You can download the recruitment pack, which includes the full job description and person specifications here: https://bit.ly/3adxY2c
To apply for this position, please submit a short cover letter, outlining your skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the position, along with your CV. We also welcome video applications or voice notes to accompany your CV.
Additionally, applicants must also complete the anonymous Equality and Diversity Survey as part of the application process: https:forms.gle/iKj5gzxoB3SJa74o7
Please send completed applications to Executive Producer Charlotte Kalantari-Gregory: [email protected]
Charlotte is also available to answer any questions you may have before applying for the position.
The recruitment file is available in large print, on request.
Interviews will likely take place over Zoom on a mutually agreed date.
The Paper Birds is an equal opportunity employer and registered charity. The Paper Birds is committed to working within the Equality Act 2010 and to painting an accurate picture of the makeup of the workforce by encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion.
They are committed to ensuring that everyone they work with is treated equally, without discrimination based on age, gender, disability, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. They encourage people from all walks of life to apply for this and other vacancies.