Financial Officer (Mines / Accounting / Management / Taxation) – Liberia
Reference number: 124 0311 NRV
Our client is looking for a Finance Manager to manage the finance department by leading the effective management of the organization’s assets and liabilities, contributing to the profitability and sustainability of the organization, maintaining and improving the development and growth of the organization, managing and evaluating financial performance, developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships, ensuring legal and corporate governance compliance
- Provide leadership to the finance team to ensure the development of a working environment conducive to the achievement of the department’s budgeted KPIs and for employees to reach their full potential by learning new skills through development programs effective mentoring and training.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of systems to provide management with accurate and timely financial and operational records, information and advice to optimize cost and revenue management.
- Lead the annual development of the operating and capital budget, including manpower, to ensure compliance with established company parameters and timelines and provide line management with monthly reports on their respective performance in terms of costs (actual vs. budget) throughout the calendar year.
- Manage the payroll function for the Liberian workforce to ensure accurate and timely payrolls.
- Provide the leadership necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that exceed global industry standards and any applicable legislation.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures to ensure that costs for all departments are minimized and all adverse variances are reported, tracked and corrected.
- Continuously review all aspects of all departments to ensure opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimal employee performance and identify and correct substandard performance and behaviors.
- Develop, implement and audit policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legal requirements regarding: Accounting records and standards; Taxation; Protection of assets and internal controls.
- Participate on the management team to ensure that resource operations, capital management, cost control, workplace safety, employee development, environmental management and corporate governance objectives are met reached.
Requirements: Qualification and competence
- Local Liberians encouraged to apply
- B. Com or Diploma in Accounting or any professional accounting qualification including; ACA, ACMA, ACCA or CIMA
- Minimum of 10 years of postgraduate experience
- More than 5 years of professional experience in the mining sector in Africa
- 5+ years in the mining sector in a senior accounting management role.
- Good knowledge of mine safety regulations and best practices.
- Work experience in Africa or a third world country that requires systematic coaching and training of employees would be a definite advantage.
Benefits and contractual information:
- Salary linked to competitive market
Feature image credit: Wikimedia