Job: Finance Manager at LEAD Enterprise Support Company Limited
- The Chief Financial Officer will have overall responsibility for identifying, measuring, analyzing and interpreting accounting information that helps the management of the company and its subsidiaries to strategically plan and make sound financial decisions for effectively manage their day-to-day operations.
- He/She will provide operational and line leadership to the financial department of the company and periodically analyze operational and financial data of all subsidiaries in order to predict inconsistencies, maximize profits and minimize losses.
- The incumbent will oversee the management of the company’s financial systems including accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, forecasting, cash flow analysis, payroll management, auditing and controls , investments and risk management.
- The incumbent is also responsible for the periodic collection, consolidation, analysis and reporting of operational and financial information from all subsidiaries – monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities/Key Performance Areas
Financial accounting system:
- Supervise and lead the finance department team
- Oversee the maintenance of an error-free accounting system and books for the company
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports, including income statement, cash flow, variance analysis and commentary.
- Monitor and report accounting inconsistencies.
- Cash management
- Perform internal audits.
- Supervise the payment of taxes.
- Comply with all statutory financial reporting and tax legislation.
- Prepare internal and external financial reports and long-term financial planning instruments, including financial and compliance audits
- Keep up to date with financial policies, practices and regulations.
- Comply with state and federal tax regulations.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Prepare comprehensive annual budgets and forecasts for the Company in accordance with its business objectives.
- Guide annual budget procedures for all subsidiaries and review proposed budgets to ensure they are consistent with group objectives before budgets are approved by the Boards of Directors.
- Collect and collate approved budgets from all affiliates on time
- Prepare periodic budget tracking reports, comparing actual performance with budgets showing variances.
- Make periodic forecasts to assist in business planning and decision making.
- Prepare financial reports and budgets, as well as monitor and forecast revenues and expenses.
- Ensure accurate consolidation of results, budgets and forecasts for the Company and all its subsidiaries
- Analyze actual performance against forecasts and budgets of the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Responsible for all outputs of the payroll function in order to put in place the necessary checks and balances to ensure that all employees are paid accurately in accordance with company policy.
- Oversee periodic reconciliation of payroll and finance systems and investigate and report any discrepancies.
Investment / Fundraising:
- Assist the company in the management of its investment portfolio
- Prepare periodic investment reports
- Write clear, well-informed investment recommendations based on in-depth research and analysis.
- Analyze needs and determine appropriate investment strategies for the organization.
- Lead fundraising efforts for the company and its affiliates.
- Provide accurate and robust monthly management reports to support key decision making using ratios, trend analysis and other analytical tools.
- Collect and analyze financial information from the company and its subsidiaries – to assess the effectiveness of financial procedures
- Assess business performance using key data
- Produce analysis packs based on group performance and present business insights to management
- Advise on issues and impacts of key management decisions on business performance and suggest improvements
- Support new company investment decisions in new projects/businesses – determining NPV, FV, break-even point, payback period and other indices to help make preferred investment choices .
- Keep abreast of regulatory requirements and best practices in management accounting.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, eg business case modelling.
Risk assessment and management:
- Perform financial and operational risk assessment for THE COMPANY and its subsidiaries and advise on ways to minimize risk
- Review, develop and implement cost-effective financial policies and procedures to mitigate financial risks.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the maintenance of financial and accounting records meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Maintain relationships with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Provide support to the tax advisor.
Leadership and people development:
- Lead, manage, guide and motivate the finance department team
- Support capacity development within the finance team through personal development planning, coaching, mentoring and internal and external training.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree with 5 to 10 years of work experience.