Job: Head of Finance at Crown Agents
Type of employment: Full time / Part time
- The role of the Finance function is to provide a comprehensive accounting and financial management service to enable Crown Agents Nigeria to meet legal requirements and exercise effective financial control over the activities of Crown Agents.
Main objective of the work
- Reporting to the Country Director, the role is responsible for the overall finances of Crown Agents Nigeria.
- The role will provide a comprehensive financial and management accounting service to enable CA Nigeria to meet external statutory financial and tax requirements while adhering to internal Crown Agent accounting policies and procedures.
- The role will also include line management of the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Ensure that complete financial accounts are maintained for CA Nigeria to comply with local regulations and corporate governance.
- Record all financial transactions by entering them into the accounting system (including but not limited to sales invoices, purchase invoices, supplier payments).
- Review the monthly P&L and balance sheet of CA Nigeria, ensuring that the balance sheet is reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Manage and review monthly management accounts providing detailed feedback for actual versus budget analysis.
- Assist management in preparing and reviewing required budgets and forecasts, including the annual CA Nigeria corporate budget.
- Preparation of meaningful statistics, key performance indicators and analyzes of variance.
- View required month-end journals such as accrued charges and prepayments.
- Manage project accounting for all contracts delivered locally.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure project expenses incurred are within budget while adhering to all client and internal CA controls
- Support in the preparation and submission of client reports as required.
- Forecast cash positions, related UK HQ funding requirements and funds available for HQ cash pooling.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and project delivery requirements.
- Undertake monthly payroll preparation ensuring that all necessary payment adjustments and deductions are reflected efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure compliance with CA internal payroll policies as well as local legal payroll and tax requirements.
- Ensure that adequate financial and internal audit controls are in place, aligned with group policies and regularly monitored.
- Support financial transactions by reviewing and verifying supporting documents.
Taxation / Corporate Secretariat:
- Ensure that local tax requirements for CA Nigeria are met, including meeting tax authority deadlines (corporate tax, sales tax, withholding tax, payroll, etc.).
- Manage the fixed assets process, ensuring that assets are properly capitalized, depreciated and disposed of in accordance with internal controls and processes.
- Successfully manage and develop the Finance and Administration Officer.
- Ensure that the Finance and Administration Manager’s performance is in line with expectations and meets the financial requirements of CA Nigeria.
- Minimum of a degree in accounting, finance or related field from a recognized institution, plus a professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or locally recognized equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in finance
- Proven experience in financial accounts and management reporting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently
- Work experience in an international organization.
- Knowledge of local tax legislation is required.
- Experience with Sun Accounting System (desirable but not essential).