Position: Chief Financial Officer | Cornwall companies
Inlight Beauty is a family owned premium organic beauty business based in the heart of Cornwall. Our philosophy and approach is focused on sustainability and slow beauty, creating effective skincare grounded in science, guided by alchemy, and inspired by nature.
A fantastic opportunity has presented itself and we are looking for a CFO to join our team. We are looking for a Qualified Management Accountant who is a Qualified All-rounder based at our head office in Helston (flexibility for part-time remote work can be discussed) 3 days a week.
Reporting to the General Manager, our ideal candidate will be CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualified, and will have at least three to five years of experience in account preparation. This role requires you to immerse yourself in the operational details of a growing small business. As we are a small team, having the flexibility to get involved at all levels, including “rolling up your sleeves”, to support overall goals when necessary, will be beneficial.
You will have exceptional attention to detail and a high level of personal initiative. Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft and Sharepoint is a must, and experience with Xero is essential, while knowledge of Unleashed would be desirable.
The annual salary for this role is £ 35,000 pro rata, and in addition we offer Company Sickness Benefit (1 week) 31 days of vacation including public holidays (pro rata), a 10% share of net profits annually, and a generous 60% staff rebate on products.
- Preparation of monthly management figures, budgets and forecasts with analytical review using internal system management using software such as Xero, Unleashed and Microsoft Office.
- Work with managers to establish annual budgets.
- Closely monitor operating and financial results against plans and budgets on a daily, weekly, monthly and year-end basis.
- Systematically review performance against budgets to ensure margins are being met, including data analysis – maintain regular cost of sales checks.
- Supervise the control of orders, margins and prices,
- Maintain focus on future opportunities to maximize profitability.
- Provide timely and accurate reports on management and financial performance.
- Accurate profit and loss analysis.
- Prepare and file VAT returns in accordance with HMRC legislation.
- Compliance with statutory reporting obligations and other statutory laws, including anti-money laundering.
- Preparation of end-of-year support files and liaison with external auditors.
- Oversee credit control, cash management, reporting and forecasting.
- Manage multiple bank accounts, in multiple currencies.
- Manage prepayments, accruals and the fixed asset register.
- Cashflow – check and maintain cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare and submit the monthly payroll submission to the accountant.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy development as required
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining how your skills make you the ideal candidate for this position to [email protected]
Deadline for submitting applications: Friday – 12/11/2021, at 12:00 p.m.
Interviews: to be confirmed